We are looking for a passionate and skilled DevOps Engineer to architect, implement and maintain our backend infrastructure that empower Good Job Games, ensuring smooth operations and seamless scalability. technology, tools and infrastructure!
We were founded in 2017 with the motivation to reach people globally by giving them unique and unforgettable experiences with disruptive products. Our games have reached over 2.5 billion people. This could only be done by gathering exceptional talent and creating a culture to enhance team spirit and creativity. We continue this journey which we have started with Hyper Casual games by adding Casual games to our portfolio. We are looking for passionate teammates to join our team!
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will conceptualize and design infrastructure of external shared game services which are distributed, highly available, have high throughput and low latency. You will also design infrastructure internal services and tools that support game operations, state of the art data analysis, business intelligence and automation at scale, empowering various teams at Good Job Games. You will continuously automate and streamline deployment, scaling, and management processes . You will be responsible for mentoring and guiding Junior team members, as well as collaborating with other engineers to bring out the best in each other.
Why It Matters
External game services help to maintain a dedicated player community through promotions, in-game events, keeping players entertained, unlocking new player retention strategies, and generating recurring revenue streams. Internal services and tools help all teams at Good Job Games make critical business decisions and operate different products and games. You’ll be in the driving seat and you’ll help build one of the best universal entertainment titles for Good Job Games and bring fun to billions of people worldwide.
What Makes Our Team So Unique
- Feedback and transparency are at the heart of everything we do
- Exceptional and passionate people/team members
- Every idea counts
- Never-ending learning
- We never stop asking the questions “why” and “how”
- Team events and trips
- Flexible working schedule
- Great food
- On-site gym
- Access for self-learning resources
- Full health benefits
- Full-compensation for paid military service
- Good Job Games Coin Program that lets you have unforgettable experiences (e.g. Going on a cruise trip to Norway or seeing the Northern Lights)
Minimum skills and experiences
- B.S. or higher preferably in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Math. (or equivalent work experience)
- Understanding of networking and AWS concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, VPCs, subnets, security groups, route tables, and internet gateways
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration, such as Docker, Kubernetes for managing microservices architecture
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and associated tools, such as Jenkins, Github actions
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix based systems
- Familiarity with a scripting language, such as Bash, Python
Desired skills and experiences
- Familiarity in casual gaming concepts and backend needs
- Familiarity in Knative, and Istio for managing microservices architecture and implementing advanced networking and observability capabilities
- Familiarity with monitoring and alerting systems such as Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog.
- Familiarity with Go to develop necessary tools and libraries
- Familiarity with concepts such as RBAC, rate limiting, blacklisting to ensure high levels of security
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code, such as AWS CDK, Terraform, Pulumi
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and key-value stores such as AWS DynamoDB, Redis
This is an on-site role in Istanbul, Sarıyer. Unfortunately, we do not offer a fully-remote working option.